Sokolova Ol'ga Yur'evna, Doctor of economical sciences, professor, head of sub-department of world economy and external economic activity management, Saratov Socio-Economic Institute (branch) of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (89 Radishcheva street, Saratov, Russia), Sokol@ssea.runnet.ru
Bobkova Arina Dmitrievna, Postgraduate student, Saratov Socio-Economic Institute (branch) of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (89 Radishcheva street, Saratov, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Actuality and objectives of the research are determined by continuing globalization of the economic life, in conditions of which the scales and role of competitiveness of Russian companies in the international business are steadily growing. Russian enterprises should not stop at the achieved results to keep and strengthen the positions in a competitive struggle, but use the available reserves and realize the active marketing strategies. There is a paradoxical situation in the Russian Economy: a low level of competitiveness of Russia in spite of significant competitive advantages; lagging behind in the main parameters: sales volume, capitalization scale, level and tempo of labour efficiency, capitalization volume and returns, and the scale of international activity.
Materials and methods. The objectives of the research were implemented through the analysis of theoretical statements and development of practical recommendations to form and evaluate the efficiency of the strategy of entering the international business. The experience of development and implementation of such strategies were analyzed, the process of realization of marketing strategies in external markets was studied. The detailed characteristics of the main strategies – of direct and indirect import, the strategy of joint entrepreneurial activity, the strategy of direct investment – were suggested.
Results. The practical aspects of development of strategies of entering the external markets were considered, the technique of efficiency evaluation and strategies of choosing a way to enter foreign markets were elaborated.
Conclusions. The practical results may be used by executive bodies of the state power of RF subjects (in the process of coordination, consulting and direction of external economic activity development); by Russian enterprises (while developing world marketing strategies), by scientific and research organizations (while conduc¬ting research in the sphere of creation of competitive marketing strategies).
1. Skvortsova V. A., Medushevskaya I. E., Skvortsov A. O. Mikroekonomika: ucheb. posobie [Microeconomics: teaching aid]. Moscow: KNORUS, 2016, 470 p.
2. Kamenev N. A. Vestnik SGSEU [Bulletin of SSEU]. 2011, no. 3, pp. 21–25.
3. Mityaeva N. V., Fedorova Yu. V. Al'manakh sovremennoy nauki i obrazovaniya [Miscellany of modern science and education]. 2013, no. 7 (74), pp. 106–110.
4. Mityaeva N. V., Fedorova Yu. V. Vestnik SGSEU [Bulletin of SSEU]. 2013, no. 4 (48), pp. 19–23.
5. Medushevskaya I. E., Skvortsova V. A., Yagafarova E. F. Konkurentsiya i konkurentnye preimushchestva. Teoriya i rossiyskaya praktika [Competition and competitive advantages. Theory and Russian practice]. Germaniya, 2012.
6. Medushevskaya I. E. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2006, no. 2, pp. 225–233.
7. Skvortsov A. O. Zhurnal ekonomicheskoy teorii [Journal of economics]. 2009, no. 1, pp. 276–280.
8. Ashirova S. A. Razrabotka marketingovoy strategii proniknoveniya otechestvennykh mashinostroitel'nykh predpriyatiy na zarubezhnye rynki: avtoref. kand. ekon. nauk [Development of marketing strategies to enter foreign markets by Russian machine-building enterprises: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of economic sciences]. Ekaterinburg, 2012.
9. Barsukova S. Voprosy ekonomiki [Problems of economy]. 2014, no. 2, pp. 118–132.